Senior Health Center
The CMH Senior Health Center offers free comprehensive health services designed specifically for individuals ages 55 and older.
Membership is free and open to individuals in Polk, Green, Dallas, Dade, Hickory, Cedar and St. Clair Counties. To be eligible for a membership you must be 55 years of age or older.
Members are asked to fill out a medical history and sign a waiver of liability. Patients with medical conditions are required to submit a medical release signed by their physician to participate in activities.
- Heart Health
- Knee Health
- Colon Cancer
- Sleep Disorders
- Breast Cancer
- Weight Management
- Eye Care
- Mental Health
Free Services Provided
Each new member also participates in a one-hour orientation with CMH Senior Health Center Staff. Free services provided to members include:
- Open pool time and hot tub
- Arthritis classes including chair, aquatic and Tai Chi
- Exercise equipment including stationary bikes, Nu-Steps, treadmills, free weights and rowers
- Senior resource information room with Internet access, educational supplies and leisure books
- Arthritis/Fibromyalgia self-help courses
- Free health education programs and senior seminars
- Vending Area
- Men's and women's changing rooms
- Blood pressure monitoring and stretching exercises