Speech therapy involves helping patients with speech, language, comprehension and expression, memory, orientation, thought organization, voice and alternate non-speech communication.
Disorders affecting swallowing are also treated, focusing on safe, oral nutritional intake. To learn more about swallowing disorders, and how they are treated, click here.
- Functional tasks to improve communication skills or retain thinking
- Verbal expression, conversation and speech clarity
- Understanding instructions and conversations
- Swallowing problems
- Neurological injuries
- Memory, attention and concentration
- Reading and writing
- Pediatric speech and language
- Problems with orientation, cognition or problem-solving