Phillip Ross Hurd, NP-C
- Nurse Practitioner
Southside Medical Center
1120 S. Springfield Ave.
Bolivar, MO 65613
fax (417) 326-4059
- Simple wound repair to include debridement, suture, and general care of superficial wounds and minor superficial surgical procedures.
- Incision & drainage of superficial abscesses.
- Excision of minor lesions.
- Apply, change and remove casts/splints
- Joint injections
- Destruction of warts and other benign lesions.
- Simple biopsies of skn.
- Removal foreign object(s) from eye.
- Trigger point injections.
- Complex wound repair.
Special procedures privileges for Emergency Room
- Evaluate common orthopaedic complaints, reduce simple dislocations such as fingers/toes.
- Apply or remove splints after appropriate consultation by the supervising physician.
- Care of wounds including sharp debridement, laceration repair, incision and drainage of abscesses, place drains and manage infected wounds.
- Administer local infiltrative anesthetic, regional nerve and dental blocks.
- Aspiration of joints after consultation with supervising physician.
- Management of nose bleeds.
- Management of common ophthalmologic problems, slit lamp examinations, measurement of intraocular pressure.
- Gynecologic exams, except for alleged sexual assault cases unless “SAFE” certified.
- Removal of foreign bodies from the external ear canal, eye, nose and soft tissues.
Nurse Practitioner - Central Missouri State University - Warrensburg, MO