CMH Clinic Providers Certified to Perform DOT Physicals, Medical Certificates
Beginning May 21, the U.S. Department of Transportation began requiring commercial motor vehicle drivers to be examined by a health care professional listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners. The DOT will only accept physical examinations and commercial motor vehicle (CMV) medical certificates from certified providers.
Citizens Memorial Hospital medical providers recently certified to perform physical examinations on drivers seeking CMV licenses include:
- Marcy K. Powell, APRN, GNP, B.C., FNP-C, Southside Medical Center, Bolivar
- Sarah B. Fast, PA-C, Bolivar Family Care Center, Bolivar
- Malissa B. Phillips, FNP, Butterfield Park Medical Center, Bolivar
- Lauretta M. Britz, FNP-BC, Humansville Family Medical Center, Humansville
- Lisa A. Stringfellow, FNP-BC, Dallas County Family Medical Center, Buffalo
- Barbara "Toni" Hudson, FNP-BC, Ash Grove Family Medical Center, Ash Grove
- Kimberly A. Miller, FNP-C, Stockton Family Medical Center. Stockton
- Angela A. Mary, NP-C, Dade County Family Medical Center, Greenfield
To become a certified examiner and be listed on the national registry, healthcare professionals must complete training and testing on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s physical qualifications standards and guidelines.
As other CMH medical professionals are certified, their names will be added to the certified DOT examiners list on the National Registry website at https://nationalregistry.fmcsa.dot.gov.
For more information or to schedule an exam with a CMH medical provider for a CMV certificate, call 888-328-6010 or 417-328-6010.
June 06, 2014